[Paraview] default_servers.pvsc file for Windows (UNCLASSIFIED)

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Fri Oct 11 11:30:43 EDT 2013

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I'm trying to create a pvsc file that'll work on Windows and I'm having
trouble creating the path for the plink executable.

If I set the path via the GUI,  I need to put quotes around the pathname and
in the GUI it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\KRB5\PuTTy\plink.exe"

And this works and makes the remote connect as long as I put the double
quotes around the pathname.

I can't figure out how to set up the quoted path in the default_servers.pvsc
file.   Using this syntax, I get XML parsing errors.

<Server name="My Server" resource="csrc://127.0.0.1">
    <CommandStartup>
      <Options>
        <Option name="SSHLOC" label="SSH executable" save="true">
         <File default="\"C:\\Program Files\\KRB5\\PuTTY\\plink.exe\"">

I've also tried setting the string to this, but neither worked.  It
apparently doesn't like the  \" to force the inclusion of the quote
character in the string.

<File default="\"C:\Program Files\KRB5\PuTTY\plink.exe\"">
<File default="\"C:/Program Files/KRB5/PuTTY/plink.exe\"">
Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Building 120 Cube 315