[Paraview] Getting display coordinates

Hansen Michael Michael.Hansen at andritz.com
Fri Oct 11 06:26:04 EDT 2013

Hello Paraview users,

A question about display which I could not solve by visiting the whole internet ! But I'm sure you have the answer :)

I would like to display a text label in the result field just beside the point of interest using a python script. For this I have the 3D coordinates of the point, so I see two possible solutions:

1)     Display a 3D-text source at the point coordinates, which implies to calculate the required rotation angles in order for the text to be perpendicular to sight and upwards.

2)     Find the corresponding "display" coordinates of the point and display a 2D-text source at this point.

I think 2) is easier (I'm bad in geometry) and I know that vtkCoordinates can deliver the display coordinates, but I'm a nooby in vtk and Paraview and couldn't find how.

Any idea would be helpful, thx,

Michael
[cid:003b-0001 at 01cec66c.4adf2647]

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of the intended recipients. They may contain privileged and/or confidential information or other information protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system.

Thank You.