[Paraview] Which polygon file reader in Paraview has interface to show/hide separate segments?

Samuel Key samuelkey at bresnan.net
Mon Oct 7 11:03:40 EDT 2013

Jimmy,

I have had success with two different ParaView readers doing what you
have described.

It is material domains that I want to examine as distinct. However,
ParaView does not care if it is a serially-generated set of material
domain, a set of processor domain results, or any criterion you want to
use. Each domain needs to be a "displayable graphics object."

Case(1) *.vtp XML format

Case(2) EnSight Gold format using that format's Part-construct.

In either case, ParaView's Extract Group filter allows one to select any
combination of domains to display. Multiple extracted sub-domains can
appear together in one window and/or in separate windows.

A small file that will let you explore this capability is attached.

Samuel W Key
FMA Development, LLC
1005 39th Ave NE
Great Falls, Montana 59404