[Paraview] Plot over line

Samuel Key samuelkey at bresnan.net
Wed Oct 2 20:35:42 EDT 2013

Colin,

A not necessarily straight forward way is to use the Warp filter to
remove the mesh motion (assumes you have the displacement vector as a
point value in your datum set). Then the POL Filter end-points remain
fixed with respect to the two nodes over which you initially placed the
end-points.

However, implicit in this approach is that the POL Filter's line is a
material line and deforms with the material, probably not remaining a
straight line as the time (or loading) progresses. It may or may not be
the result for which you are looking?

Samuel Key
FMA Development, LLC