[Paraview] programmable filter in a python script

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Nov 26 15:03:09 EST 2013

> my question is, can I create the script of the Programmable filter as a separate python script, and then just give the Programmable filter the path to this external python script?

Yup, you indeed can. In fact, the programmable filter/source also has
a property named "PythonPath" that you can set to the location where
you'll have the python script you want to import in the filter code
(you may have to put the path in quotes). State file attached. It will
import foo in the Python programmable source when foo.py is put in
/tmp.

Utkarsh