[Paraview] programmable filter in a python script

joseph insley insley at anl.gov
Tue Nov 26 14:19:07 EST 2013

Hi,

I am guessing that there must be a trivial way of doing this, but I have yet to discover exactly how.  I have a python script that I pass to pvbatch, which includes a ProgrammableFilter.  I originally generated this from the GUI, where I could fairly easily edit the script of the ProgrammableFilter in the text box on the GUI.  After saving this as a python state file, the script of the Programmable filter becomes one big long string with "\n" characters rather than actual carriage returns.  Which makes sense, but makes the script terribly difficult to parse and edit.  So, my question is, can I create the script of the Programmable filter as a separate python script, and then just give the Programmable filter the path to this external python script?

Thanks,
joe