[Paraview] Blog: Using the Color Map Editor panel in ParaView 4.1

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Nov 26 13:24:23 EST 2013

Ah! I see what's happening. ColorMap XMLs have a mechanism to say of the
control points are "absolute" or must be treated as normalized and should
be scaled to data range. "erdc_rainbow_bright" Color Map specifies explicit
control point locations and hence those are used rather than scaling them
automatically. I'll see how this can be made more explicit/easier to
comprehend from the user's point of view.

Utkarsh