[Paraview] Fwd: Re: how to resample data onto a new grid?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Nov 25 10:28:08 EST 2013

I'm not surprised piece invariant doesn't solve the problem. Almost
all filters that could use ghost cells to overcome such a problem will
not work since all rely on the reader providing the ghost cells which
you said yours didn't. What is the output type for the dataset from
plot.mir reader? You can use D3 on unstructured datasets to generate
ghost cells -- but that's expensive since it also redistributes the
data. George is currently developing a filter that will simply
generate/communicate ghost cells without redistributing the data.
George, would your filter help in this case, or do I remember  things
incorrectly?

Utkarsh