[Paraview] x3d geometry export garbled?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Sun Nov 24 19:05:37 EST 2013

Rich,

As Berk mentioned in another email, several members of the ParaView
development team were at SuperComputing last week. Since there are
several emails floating around about X3D, and I am not a very good
summarizer of emails, I am not sure where things stand, so let's start
at the start.

I've attached a simple X3D output generated from the attached ParaView
state file (for ParaView 4.1.0-RC1). I don't have much experience with
Blender and hence haven't been able to show the result as expected in
Blender. But if you don't mind, can you try loading the X3D file to
see if it renders as expected (ParaView rendered image attached)? It's
a very simple geometry with 5 points colored with 5 different colors.
Let's try to see if the exported X3D file is bad in the first place.
Just looking at the file, the contents seem reasonable to me.

Utkarsh