[Paraview] x3d geometry export garbled?

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Tue Nov 19 14:45:11 EST 2013

I have looked closer at the image.  What first looks like the tiles are out of order is not the case.  What I believe is actually happening is that a different color map is being applied to each tile.  So the problem is in the "colors" section of the x3d file.  You can see this by looking at the patterns across the "tile" boundaries in the attached image.  The patterns are continuous but there is a discontinuity in the colors being applied.  For example, the green square in the image surrounds 9 tiles which share such a pattern in the image, kind of shaped like an ameoba.
I suspect that the part of the paraview code which assigns colors is not savvy about the idea that there are 16 processors and so is using a local coloring scheme.

[cid:F03489C3-A427-4EB3-B784-FC5BE57B9C2D at llnl.gov]