[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Save Geometry form Python Shell

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Mon Nov 18 20:02:01 EST 2013

When I did this for myself in my recent exploration my recollection is it's no help.
However, I did discover this:

exporters=servermanager.createModule("exporters")
view = GetActiveView()

for ts in range(12):
    print "rendering timestep", ts
    sys.stdout.flush()
    RenderView2.ViewTime = 10.0 * ts
    x3dExporter=exporters.X3DExporter(FileName="/Users/cook47/Desktop/foo%03d.x3d"%ts)
    x3dExporter.SetView(RenderView2) # <===== NEW LINE
    x3dExporter.Write()

RenderView2.RemoteRenderThreshold = 2.0

I got it off some old mailing list or something -- it works.  For x3d.  YMMV