[Paraview] copy-paste (or clone/dublicate) a filter

Martina Schäfer martina.schafer at fmi.fi
Mon Nov 18 03:39:20 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'd like to copy-paste (or clone/dublicate) a filter in paraview, i.e.
applying exactly the same filter on two different sources without having
to redefine the filter. For the moment I'm doing that via
save-state/load-state and adjusting each time the input file (or via
"change input" to a filter), but it would be more convenient to be able
to have the results of the filter applied to the different sources at
the same time to compare them side by side.
That concerns for example the "clip" or "slice" filter where it would be
really handy not having to copy by hand the definition of the plane
used; or when doing a plot with isolines I'd like to have the same line
"elevations" and drawing options for various input datasets.

According to the various websites and also messages in this mailing
list, "copy" and "paste" from the menu "edit" or with the
mouse-left-click should work. However, when I do "paste" nothing happens.
Has anybody experience with that? Is there any other way to do it? Or is
there any "trick" how to do use the "paste function?

Thanks a lot!

Martina Schäfer

--
Martina Schäfer