[Paraview] installing pv-meshless plugin for ParaView

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Nov 13 16:41:37 EST 2013

Yaroslav

I do not support the pv-meshless code any more, there are some branches in the git repo which work with pv4.x but they are all in various stages of experimentation. I am not currently working on particle based simulations so don’t have the time to look after the code. Building paraview from source should be very straightforward (I do not use super build, just standard build using cmake+compiler). The latest pv-meshless code is in the branch openmp but this uses another plugin pv-zoltan which handles the load-balancing (partitioning) for large datasets and that plugin is also in an experimental state (I.e. Not released formally) . The last version of pv-meshless I recall being stable for joe public was tagged for spheric 2012.

JB