[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] bug report: copy and paste into python

Pat Marion james.patrick.marion at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 22:02:43 EDT 2013

I'm pretty sure I added a commit that fixes this behavior, but that may
have happened after the 4.0 release.  See commit:

commit af99ee38d6edcefaeb5f5bd2936f0bf82bdcf565
Author: Pat Marion <pat.marion at kitware.com>
Date:   Fri May 24 12:23:56 2013 +1000

    Change the behavior of pqPythonShell::pushScript() to split over
newlines

    Previously, you could not paste multiline statements into the ParaView
    python console.  This commit changes the behavior of the pushScript()
    function so that it splits the script code over the newline character
    and pushes each line separately.

    This does change the behavior of entering multiline statements:
previously
    pushScript() would attempt to detect the indent and start the next line
    using the indent of the previous line.  This behavior has been removed.

    The new behavior closely matches the behavior of the standard
commandline
    python interpreter.

    Change-Id: I899ec69194a1cce3d82cefc2f13048aad8f81fec

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com