[Paraview] Attempting to run Catalyst CFullExample

Pettey . Lucas LPettey at drc.com
Sat May 25 13:02:39 EDT 2013

Hi Bill,

The Catalyst C and C++ examples all require the python script as an argument at run time. The Fortran example requires that the script be in the same directory. So when you aren't giving the script as an argument, the code is running but doesn't have any information about what to co-process, and it exits doing nothing.

As for the seg fault, my guess is that the ParaView versions of the python script and the one against which you are compiling are different. I know they are different on mine and while I don't get a seg fault, I get some errors about the VTK class structures.

I would recommend also checking out the latest versions of the examples. Andy has done a lot of work on them recently, so if they are even a few weeks old, they might not work as expected. Also, you could just export a new script with the PV version built on your system.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

Lucas Pettey