[Paraview] Attempting to run Catalyst CFullExample

Bill Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Fri May 24 19:56:26 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm in the process of attempting to learn how to use the Catalyst
feature of ParaView, and I have a problem.

I found the sample code on github:
	- https://github.com/acbauer/CatalystExampleCode

and I began by compiling the "CFullExample" application.

There is some weirdness when trying to compile the application
as a non-Catalyst simulation, but since I'm trying to learn
Catalyst, that's just an aside to the code maintainers.

So I have the application (FEDriver) compiled, and there is
a sample python script.  I ran ParaView (same version as I
used when compiling FEDriver -- a git clone from April),
and I start the Catalyst connection:
	-> Tools -> Connect to Catalyst

(which I had to find by poking around, the SC'12 Catalyst
tutorial doesn't seem to mention this -- or not that I noticed.
An aside to the code documenters.)

So I followed the instructions in the python script, and
with ParaView accepting Catalyst connections on port 22222,
this is what happens:
	% ./FEDriver SampleScripts/feslicescript.py
	Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Actually, that happens regardless of whether ParaView is running
or not, but it only happens when I give the python script as an
argument -- w/o the script, it runs for a moment and then returns
to the prompt.

So what am I missing?

	Thanks,
	Bill