[Paraview] Viewing 2D glyphs

joseph insley insley at anl.gov
Fri May 17 10:11:55 EDT 2013

Hi, Raquel,

It is tough to know exactly what is going on without knowing all of the details of the data and the filter settings used, but there are two potential things that initially come to mind.

One is the Mask Points checkbox for the glyph filter.  If this is on and your data set is large it could be that you are only showing a subset of the glyphs, which all happen to be close to the minimum Y value.

The other is the Scale Mode for the glyphs.  Based on the size of the glyphs and the colors in the MetaImage Magnitude color scale I would have to guess that you are scaling the glyphs by some other value and not the MetaImage Magnitude (otherwise the blue arrows would be the smallest and the red would be the largest, which is not the case in your image).  Try setting the Scale Mode to off.

Hope that's helpful,
joe