[Paraview] Line Plot Data in Python Scripting

sheshu t st4860 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 20:22:48 EDT 2013

Hi,

I just started using Python scripting for paraview. I have a 3d plot from
which I want to take a line plot and then compute the fourier transform of
the data in the line plot.

1. What is the best way to get the coordinates and the values of the
variable in the line plot.
2. Is it possible to do this completely with GUI(if yes, I can just trace
the calls to get a python script from what I unnderstand so far)?
3. Is there a better/direct way to do the fourier transform along a line
using vtk classes?

I hope the question is not too vague.

Thanks,
Sheshu