[Paraview] How to intersect two datasets with ParaView

Stefan Mauerberger stefan.mauerberger at gmail.com
Sun May 12 05:24:24 EDT 2013

Hello there!

I wonder how to get the intersection two datasets in ParaView?

What I have are:
 * A dataset covering the worlds coastlines
(http://www.earthmodels.org/data-and-tools/coastlines)
 * And the actual dataset, a 3d spherical section of the Earth (central
Europa to a 1000km depth) as a structured curvilinear grid in the NetCDF
file format
What I want to do is to cut out coastlines to the extends of the
spherical section. I just want to have coastlines at that region which
is covered by the spherical section (the rest of the Earth's coastlines
I want to leave out).
Is there a way to achieve that with ParaView?

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Stefan