[Paraview] Correct ActiveMQ server version or config with ParaviewWeb SuperBuild

Antti Vanne antti.vanne at kuava.fi
Fri May 10 08:41:42 EDT 2013

Hi there,

I've succesfully compiled and deployed ParaViewWeb upto the point that I
can login as admin on localhost:8080/PWService

However, all visualization fail and the root cause seems to be with the
message broker. I've tried starting different versions of ActiveMQ (3.1,
4.1.2, 5.3.2, 5.5.1 and 5.7.0) but all fail. Should the broker be
configured and not just started from the vanilla binary installation
package?

The error message I get in the logs or on the command line is as follows:

./PWServer.sh
Error message: This producer can only send messages to:
kitware.paraweb.viewupdates
This producer can only send messages to: kitware.paraweb.viewupdates
        FILE: activemq/core/kernels/ActiveMQProducerKernel.cpp, LINE: 271
        FILE: activemq/core/kernels/ActiveMQProducerKernel.cpp, LINE: 181
        FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQProducer.cpp, LINE: 100

ERROR: In
/home/vanne/src/SuperBuild/src/ParaViewAdapter/vtkPWJMSMessagingService.cxx,
line 158
vtkPWJMSMessagingService (0x8856c58): CMS Exception

Any ideas how to proceed from here? Thanks.