[Paraview] Wrong decoding of base64 binary file

Stefano Zaghi stefano.zaghi at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:04:13 EDT 2013

Dear all,

I have some problems with base64 encoding.

I have reproduced my problems by means of a minimal StructuredGrid example.
Please, find attached the bae64 file (XML_BASE64.vts) and the corresponding
ascii one (XML_ASCII.vts).

The grid is very simple: 1 hexa with 8 points and one scalar value at each
point. Both vertices and point values are Float32.

As you can see the base64 binary file is not correctly loaded by Paraview.
I am not completely sure that the two base64 codes (for x,y,z coordinates
and for point values) are correct, because I have use my own encoder, but
they are identical to ones generated by python by means of "struc" and
"base64" module.

It seems in particular that the data of the last vertex (the 7th) are wrong.

Thank you for all suggestions,
my best regards

Stefano Zaghi