[Paraview] Paraview hangs in OS X

James Thunes j.thunes at gmail.com
Mon May 6 12:16:32 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I have been having intermittent problems with paraview since updating to
v3.98.1. After running the program for awhile, the program will hang for
10-30 seconds when changing the contour plot variable. This happens fairly
regularly with both large and small files. I don't believe that it is due
to low memory, each timestep in my dataset is approx 50 MB and I have
plenty of available ram.

Even opening a single timestep has the same problem. The problem usually
starts after 10-20 minutes working with the program and continues until the
program is restarted.

I have tried updating to the newest version(s): 3.98.1-Darwin,
3.98.0-10.6-10.7 as well as the nightly build. I have also cleared the
program preferences.

My machine is a dual Xeon 2.66 GHz with 32 GB ram and running OSX 10.7.5.

Has anybody else experienced these issues? If so, are there any workarounds?

Thanks,
James Thunes