[Paraview] adaptively refined unstructured mesh

Manav Bhatia bhatiamanav at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 23:06:48 EDT 2013

Hi,

   I have an unstructured mesh dataset with adaptively refined mesh that I am attempting to visualize with Paraview.

   One of the most common operations that I do is the use of Feature Edges to get the domain boundaries, so that I can extract that dataset for various purposes. This works fine with a mesh that has not been refined.

    The problem that I am facing is that the element edges with hanging nodes are being treated as boundaries, which is messing up this procedure. Using Feature Edges also includes the element edges with hanging nodes. Is there a way to tell Paraview to include only the external boundaries in  this case?

Thanks,
Manav