[Paraview] Python Scripts and memory

Dr. Olaf Ippisch olaf.ippisch at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 25 10:38:34 EDT 2013

Dear Paraview developers and users,

I have some problems when using the python interface to paraview. I
attached a small program I wrote to visualize data from several time
steps of a simulation. Two things are unclear to me:

- The program contains a loop over several files to be read from disk
and visualized. However, if I start the program, the memory consumption
of the python interpreter is growing steadily with each iteration. It
seems that the memory allocated for python objects storing data and
results is never freed again. Is there some command to tell the
interpreter to release the vtk/paraview data structures?
- In line 9 I create a text label. I can set its content and also
manipulate its position. However, I was not able to change the size of
the text field. For large numbers the text is just cut. I tried to play
with props.Position2, but I did not have any success. What is the trick?

Best regards,
Olaf Ippisch

--
Dr. Olaf Ippisch