[Paraview] integrating a scalar over a volume

Charl paraview at turingbirds.com
Thu Mar 21 16:15:32 EDT 2013

Dear list,

Forgive me being obtuse. I am attempting to integrate a scalar variable,
defined on an unstructed mesh, over a volume. I'm aware of the limitations
of the present IntegrateVariables filter: it can only integrate over lines
and surfaces, not volumes.

However, it seems that VTK has a vtkIntegrateAttributes class that /is/
capable of integrating over volumes. But in the Paraview 3.98.1 Python
console, I cannot even find the filter under paraview.vtk, let alone know
how to use it on my existing (clipped) dataset.

Any pointers on getting this to work would be much appreciated.

With kind regards,
Charl