[Paraview] Using paraview with pvserver

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Mar 5 10:47:44 EST 2013

Thanks Utkarsh for your helpful answer.

The "Process ID Scalars " filter on the sphere shows that the configuration is
working with this test.
The file I'm trying to read is a simple test file in legacy format:

kareline: head -10 grad.vtk
# vtk DataFile Version 2.4
Fichier test genere par run.exe
BINARY
DATASET STRUCTURED_POINTS
DIMENSIONS 1024 1024 1024
ORIGIN 0 0 0
SPACING 1 1 1
POINT_DATA 1073741824
SCALARS test_values double 1
LOOKUP_TABLE default
and the binary data is folowing  (big endian)

Each point is only
for (i=0; i< nx; i++)
   for (j=0; j< ny; j++)
     for (k=0; k< nz; k++)
        tab[i][j][k]=i+j+k;

My aim is to build a solution to visualize our large CFD datasets.
I can visualize this field if I launch pvserver in sequential mode but it's
quite slow...
With 4 processes I can't visualize it.

Patrick