[Paraview] Using paraview with pvserver

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Mar 5 09:56:33 EST 2013

Patrick.

To test of the parallel version is built and running/rendering
correctly, try this: simply create a Sphere from the Sources menu
(+Apply). Next create the "Process ID Scalars" filter from the Filters
menu. You should see the sphere colored in 4 colors. If that works,
all's well. Also, go the Settings dialog, on the Render View | Server
Page, set the Remote Render Threshold to 0. That will ensure the use
of parallel rendering, always.

The 100% CPU usage is expected. That's a OpenMPI thing. Refer to
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2009/04/9017.php

What type of datafile are you trying to load?

Utkarsh