[Paraview] .Creating an orbit camera path with a certain angle to normal

Karen Wilk kaw at rincon.com
Fri Jun 21 16:40:49 EDT 2013

Hedieh,

Hello!  I successfully got my object to orbit as I wanted by doing:

Open the camera settings for the object
Play with the camera settings until you have the object positioned the way you want it to orbit.
I used the -x position button on the paraview gui as a starting point.  That positions it so that the +x axis is pointing out.  You can then use the Elevation on the camera settings to tilt it to a specified angle.
When you have it the way you want it, open the animation view.
Select camera and then hit the plus sign on the left to add a camera to the animation view.  Just accept the values in the center, normal, origin popup.
Hit play.
The object will orbit using the camera settings.
If you want to change your camera settings:
delete the camera in the animation view,
change your camera settings,
then add the camera back into the animation view.  It uses the camera settings at the time when it's added.

Hope this helps!
Karen