[Paraview] Paraview can't read Tecplot X,Y(X) files

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Mon Jul 22 03:58:46 EDT 2013

Hello.

I am not sure that it's a Tecplot reader problem. Paraview is a 3D
software expecting 3D volume data (3 dimensions) or 3D surface data (2
dimensions) with X,Y,Z coordinates. If you have surface data, you can
just use I and J, and "K=1" may be removed in your Tecplot file.

But at this time, although it can plot data on intersection curves,
Paraview cannot read mono-dimensional data. When reading data, Paraview
tries to recognize triangle or quadrilateral cells and this is not
possible with mono-dimentional data (in this case, cells count gives
N/A). Reading such data would be useful for XY plots only, but if
Paraview is a powerfull 3D software, I think that it is not the best
tool for you if you want only XY plots.

--
  Richard GRENON
  ONERA