[Paraview] Trying to plot a grid-centered value over time

Johan Sundberg johansun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 02:16:42 EDT 2013

Hello!

This is my first time using a mailing list so I hope im doing it right.

Im working on a project where I write information from a physics engine
into a HDF5 file, generate a XDMF file from a python script that connects
to the HDF5 data and then open the xml file in paraview to plot it. Right
now I have a 3D-grid with position points and velocities and this works
fine, it steps forward in time and moves just as expected.

The positions are for example
<Attribute Center="Node" Name="position" Type="Vector">
in the xml file.

The problem arises when I have a single scalar value for each time-step
that I want to plot against time. I connect it through xdmf as such
<Attribute Center="Grid" Name="anMomBW" Type="Scalar">

as far as I understand this should be one value per time step for the
entire grid. It shows up in paraview as a global value (I think, it has
another symbol atleast) under data arrays. I have tried alot of different
plot options such as "plot global variables over time" but cant locate the
variable.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
//Johan