[Paraview] PV 3.14.1 and 4.01 Calculator error

Stephen Wornom stephen.wornom at inria.fr
Tue Jul 2 11:00:10 EDT 2013

Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> What's the "**" operator? I don't think the calculator supports a "**"
You are correct, my error.
> use "*" for multiply or "^" for power. Also what's the "Function"
> you're typing in the Calculator. I ask since the errors says "see
> position 15" but "K**2" doesn't have 15 characters.
I have a 64-bit linux machine so I downloaded the 64-bit version of 4.01.
However, I write my PV files are 32-bits (or at least the files say
32-bit), could that be a source of confusion for the 64-bit PV?
Maybe this was done when we had bot 32-bit and 64-bit machines. I will
write 64-bit hereafter to avoid any problem.

_*2nd-Point*_: when using the calculator with 4.01
If I want to calculate
0.09*Density*K^2/Epsilon
I enter
0.09 and select *
I get
*0.09 and not 0.09*
then I select the scalar Density
I get
Density0.09* and NOT
0.09*Density (or Density*0.09)
older version use left-to-right entries but 4.01 uses right-to-left entries
Hope this makes some sense.
Thanks,
Stephen