[Paraview] Fwd: Not being able to connect to pvserver

Pradeep Jha pradeep at ccs.engg.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 29 04:58:23 EST 2013

Hello,

I have installed Paraview 3.98 on my Desktop (Mac OSX 10.8) and a remote
machine running CentOS 5.4. The CentOS machine has rendering hardware so I
havent installed PV with OSMesa support.

I can login to the CentOS from my Mac using SSH and vice versa.

Here is how I am trying to connect:

1) I connect to the CentOS machine using "ssh -X machinename". When I start
the "pvserver" on the CentOS the output is:
[pradeep at 83 ~]$pvserver
Waiting for client...
Connection URL: cs://83.shin.fluid.cse.nagoya-u.ac.jp:11111
Accepting connection(s): 83.shin.fluid.cse.nagoya-u.ac.jp:11111

2) Then I add this information in the paraview I am running on my Mac as
shown in the attached image file.

3) I click on connect.

I get the following error:
ERROR: In
/Users/pradeep/softwares/ParaView/VTK/Common/System/vtkSocket.cxx, line 481
vtkClientSocket (0x7fc9ae108cb0): Socket error in call to connect.
Permission denied.

I dont have any expertise in networking and so I dont know much about
firewalls of my systems here nor do any my colleagues do.

Thanks in advance,
Pradeep