[Paraview] HeadTracking in ParaView CAVE

Emiliano Pastorelli hogancito at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 09:00:17 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm having some issues with headtracking in ParaView in a 3 screens
environment (2 walls + 1 table). From the GUI (and also from the config
pvsm file, but equal results) I tried to configure the following
propertier connected to the tracker.

a) Camera Position ( I mentioned it in a previous message), the vrpn
server doesn't seem to feed the proper argument to the SetCamera
function and so it doesn't work.
b) View Position : when i start the vrplugin it gives me the following
message :
Generic Warning: In
/home/hogan/projects/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Core/vtkSMPropertyHelper.cxx,
line 429
Call not supported for the current property type.
And nothing happens.
c) EyeTransformMatrix : close to be working, but when i move my head
around the screens, the object doesn't move properly around the screens
(while if i just move the object with the mouse, it goes properly across
the three display, moving from one to another according to the position)
d) ModelTransformMatrix : works properly

Which is the "official" procedure to do the headtracking? Am I doing
something wrong? The fact that it works properly with the
ModelTransformMatrix makes me think that the vrpn server that i wrote
for this tracker works properly, so i don't get what else i shall modify
to properly track the head movement.

Any hint is welcome before i go mad!
Best,
Emiliano