[Paraview] ParaView from git, make fail on OpenSUSE 12.2

Pei-Ying Hsieh phsieh2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 11:59:37 EST 2013

Hi, Yumin,

I am able to compile the released 3.14 source without any issue.  But, I always has trouble with the development version from git.

I just downloaded the binary version of 3.98 for linux 64 and got the following error message:

phsieh at galaxy:~/Downloads/tempDir/ParaView-3.98.0-Linux-64bit/bin> ./paraview
ERROR: In /home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/GUISupport/Qt/vtkEventQtSlotConnect.cxx, line 68
vtkEventQtSlotConnect (0xc4d130): Cannot connect NULL objects.

Segmentation fault
It does look like it is my system causing the issue.  I will take a look at the superbuild info you suggested.

By the way, is there any documents that describe the requirements for Paraview-3.98 (for linux 64)?  Maybe I am missing some library or have conflicts?  I have several workstations with OpenSUSE 12.2 64.  All having the same issue.

Best Regards,

Pei-Ying