[Paraview] ParaView from git, make fail on OpenSUSE 12.2

Pei-Ying Hsieh phsieh2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 21:29:55 EST 2013

Hi, Yumin,

I turned off USE_MPI and ffmpeg in ccmake, re-did make and make install, still getting the same error:

hsieh at jali:~/projects/build-devel> paraview -dr
ERROR: In /home/hsieh/projects/ParaView-devel/ParaView/VTK/GUISupport/Qt/vtkEventQtSlotConnect.cxx, line 68
vtkEventQtSlotConnect (0x1be85b0): Cannot connect NULL objects.

Segmentation fault
qmake --version returned:

hsieh at jali:~/OpenFOAM/hsieh-2.1.x/run/damBreak> qmake --version
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.8.1 in /usr/lib64

Pei-Ying