[Paraview] Linker error with OpenMPI 1.6.2

Yumin Yuan yumin.yuan at kitware.com
Tue Jan 8 11:45:02 EST 2013

Hi Bruno,

Just want to be clear on this. With Paraview's superbuild (pulling
openmpi-1.6.2 by default), do you still need to modify anything to
build? Looking at paraview's nightly dashboard
(http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=ParaView), the superbuilds on
Windows work properly. I was also able to use paraview's superbuild
successfully with Ninja on Win7-vs9 for 3.98.0 without modifying
anything related to openmpi. Unless your building problems are due to
the MSVC express or the INSTALL_DEVELOPMENT you turned on?

ParaView_INSTALL_DEVELOPMENT:BOOL=ON
mpi_INSTALL_DEVELOPMENT:BOOL=ON
ParaView_INSTALL_FULL_DEVELOPMENT:BOOL=ON

Yumin