[Paraview] vtkCellQuality Filter -- not accessible anymore ?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Dec 16 11:36:04 EST 2013

Aurélien,

if you do "from paraview import vtk", to keep things on the lighter
side, we only import a limited set of VTK modules. That's why certain
filters are available and others aren't. You can always explicitly
import the VTK module of interest.
For readers and writers, you'll have to import the VTK modules
containing the concerned readers writes.

e.g.
(exactly like you're doing for reader and writers: from paraview.vtk
import vtkIOPython). For vtkCellQuality, you can do "from paraview.vtk
import vtkIOLegacy" for *.vtk readers/writers. For CellQuality, you
have to use the following:

from paraview.vtk import vtkFiltersVerdict

To determine what module a class lies in, refer to VTK doxygen to
locate the class of interest (e.g.
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCellQuality.html). At the
end it shows which directory the file resides in, in this case
"dox/Filters/Verdict/vtkCellQuality.h". The module can now be deduced
as "vtkFiltersVerdict".

Hope that helps.

Utkarsh