[Paraview] vtkCellQuality Filter -- not accessible anymore ?

Aurélien Marsan aur.marsan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 11:25:56 EST 2013

Dear paraview users and developers,

A big part of my post-processing method is based on the use of
ProgrammableFilter.
With that tool, I can execute Python code that I have written, just by
importing my complete Python module within the programmable filter.

Then, I use a lot of basic vtk Filters : vtkCutter, vtkThreshold, ect.
I then import the vtk module that is included within the paraview binary
distribution, using the command : *from paraview import vtk*

As concerns the Readers and Writers, I use the following command
*from paraview import vtkIOPython*

A lot of things have changed with the new 4.0 version. In particular, I do
not find some vtk Filters anymore.

One of them is the *vtkCellQuality* filter, that I use in one of my code in
order to compute the surface of 2d-cells.
Is it possible to access it from a programmable filter ? (paraview 4.0
binary distribution 64 bits)

Many thanks,

Aurélien Marsan