[Paraview] Animation using "mpirun" & "pvbatch"

S.Appanaboyina at shell.com S.Appanaboyina at shell.com
Sun Dec 15 23:13:24 EST 2013

Hi Utkarsh,

Thanx for your reply. The issue is now solved.

The original issue was that the .avi file does get generated when I use "mpirun" & "pvbatch". But, when I use Windows Media Player to open it, I get an error that it is not able to recognize the format.

The solution was to use the flag "--use-offscreen-rendering" like below

mpirun -np 6 /glb/apps/3rdparty/ParaView/ParaView-4.0.1/bin/pvbatch --use-offscreen-rendering script.py

Best Regards,
Sunil