[Paraview] Problem of migration from Paraview 3.98.1 to 4.1.0

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Tue Dec 3 05:00:25 EST 2013

Hi,

I successfully compiled Paraview 4.1.0 with qt 4.8.1 on Win32 in VisualStudio 2008 and want to migrate my plugins to new structure.

I have the problem that the qt help of my reader fails to compile, on debugging I found out that the qhelpgenerator.exe command fails to generate the qch file from the qhp file, this is my output:

5>Compiling Qt help project GPCXReader.qhp
5>QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
5>QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
5>Building up file structure...
5>Cannot open data base file E:/Develop/win32-msvc90-build/impropp/Applications/ParaviewPlugins/GPCXReader/doc/GPCXReader.qch!

Do I need the qsqlite plugin from qt? Procedure worked on paraview 3.98.1 with same qt lib.

Here is my generated GPCXReader.qhp file which is the input of the command:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<QtHelpProject version="1.0">
    <namespace>GPCXReader.org</namespace>
    <virtualFolder>GPCXReader</virtualFolder>
    <filterSection>
        <toc> <section title="GPCXReader" ref="sources.GPCXReader.html" >
     <section title="GPCXReader" ref="sources.GPCXReader.html" />
</section> </toc>
        <keywords>
          <!-- how to handle keywords? -->
        </keywords>
        <files>
          <file>*.html</file>
<file>*.css</file>
<file>*.png</file>
<file>*.jpg</file>

        </files>
    </filterSection>
</QtHelpProject>

And here is my GPCX.xml file:

<ServerManagerConfiguration>
    <ProxyGroup name="sources">
       <SourceProxy
           name="GPCXReader"
           class="vtkGPCXReader"
           label="GPCXReader">
           <Documentation
               long_help="This reader reads the PGCX file format from JOANNEUM RESEARCH."
               short_help="Read a GPCX file.">
           </Documentation>
           <StringVectorProperty
               name="FileName"
               command="SetFileName"
               number_of_elements="1">
               <FileListDomain name="files"/>
               <Documentation>
                   Select the input .gpcx file.
               </Documentation>
           </StringVectorProperty>
           <IntVectorProperty
               name="AddRasterCoordinates"
               command="SetAddRasterCoordinates"
               number_of_elements="1"
               default_values="0">
               <BooleanDomain name="bool"/>
               <Documentation>
                   If activated the resulting vtkPolyData gets a point based scalar added with raster coordinates.
               </Documentation>
            </IntVectorProperty>
            <IntVectorProperty
               name="AddVertices"
               command="SetAddVertices"
               number_of_elements="1"
               default_values="0">
               <BooleanDomain name="bool"/>
               <Documentation>
                   Usually a surface consists out of triangles or quads. If a valid raster coordinate has no valid neighbours this option adds the point as vertice into visualization pipeline, otherwise it is not visualized. Hint: You can use the point size property to increase/decrease vertice radius.
               </Documentation>
            </IntVectorProperty>
            <IntVectorProperty
               name="AddLines"
               command="SetAddLines"
               number_of_elements="1"
               default_values="0">
               <BooleanDomain name="bool"/>
               <Documentation>
                   Usually a surface consists out of triangles or quads. If a valid raster coordinate has only one valid neighbour this option adds these points over a line into the visualization pipeline, otherwise the connection between those neighbours is not visualized. Hint: You can use the line width property to increase/decrease line width.
               </Documentation>
            </IntVectorProperty>
            <Hints>
               <ReaderFactory
                   extensions="gpcx"
                   file_description="GPCX File Format" />
            </Hints>
       </SourceProxy>
    </ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>

And my CMake call:

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(GPCXReader "1.0"
     SERVER_MANAGER_XML GPCX.xml
     SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkGPCXReader.cxx
     REQUIRED_ON_SERVER )
     #GUI_RESOURCE_FILES GPCXGUI.xml)

Any suggestion?

Thanks for help,
best regards, Gerald Lodron

DIGITAL - Institute for Information and Communication Technologies
Steyrergasse 17, 8010 Graz, Austria

phone: +43 316 876-1751
fax: +43 316 8769-1751
e-mail: gerald.lodron at joanneum.at<mailto:gerald.lodron at joanneum.at>
web: www.joanneum.at/digital<http://www.joanneum.at/digital>

This message and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any publication, transmission or other use of the information by a person or entity other than the intended addressee(s) is prohibited. If you receive this in error please contact the sender and delete the material. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions as a result of the transmission.

Please consider the environment before printing this page.