[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] extract CTH parts (UNCLASSIFIED)

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Tue Aug 27 10:37:58 EDT 2013

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

No, I'm not able to share either ... I'm going to try to find a similarly
sized dataset that might be more readily available.   Although, there's not
really an easy way to share a dataset with 1024 spcth files .....

We are having an additional issue with this same dataset .... loading the
dataset using less than 80 servers (so there are no holes in the geometry)
we are creating a simple animation.   There are several hundred timesteps of
data and we are able to interactively march through time and see the
animation.  However, when trying to save out a movie,   the frames suddenly
go blank.  We tried saving out as PNG files, and the first 22 timesteps
dumped fine, and then we started saving out solid black images.   We
restarted ParaView and started dumping out JPEG frames, and we got out to
timestep 100 and it again started dumping black frames.     Interactively
viewing the data, all of the timesteps are valid -  is there a memory leak
or something similar that's causing the renderer to hose up?