[Paraview] Unable to display points and lines

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Aug 13 11:09:21 EDT 2013

Points are the locations in space, cells are regions of space defined by
some number of points. VTK draws cells (ex. tetrahedra, quads, triangles,
and vertices), not points. A vertex is a cell defined by exactly one
point. To make vertex cells from any data set, apply the glyph filter with
glyph type 2D Glypt, Vertex.

Your data set has line type cells, but the points that define the lines are
coincident. Use the spreadsheet view to confirm.
Ex cell 0 consists of points 0 and 1, but if you look at the point data you
will see that points 0 and 1 are both:
0.3753 -1.15505 0.222222
0.3753 -1.15505 0.222222

hth