[Paraview] Parallel writer in pvpython/pvbatch

Paul Melis paul.melis at surfsara.nl
Mon Aug 12 11:07:26 EDT 2013

On 09-08-13 18:05, Burlen Loring wrote:
> On 08/09/2013 02:33 AM, Paul Melis wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Is it possible to write data to a parallel XML format (say, pvti) from
>> pvbatch or pvpython? I can't seem to find the relevant classes
>> vtkXMLP... under the paraview module. I found some older references to
>> a module named paraview.vtk.io containing those classes, but that
>> seems to be missing, at least in 3.98.1 and 4.0.1
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul
>>
> Yup, that's doable, the following example works for me. if you haven't
> done so yet you might want to browse through the "simple.py" script.
> There are numerous helper functions defined and it also gives some idea
> about python capabilities and the underlying infrastructure.
>
> from paraview.simple import *
> ws=Wavelet()
> Show(ws)
> Render()
> w=XMLPImageDataWriter()

So that's where that class is :) I tried searching for the
vtkXMLPImageDataWriter but didn't really find something useful. Great,
got it working now! About the CreateWriter API, I did test it but was
put on the wrong foot about a matching writer not being found, due to
trying to write imagedata to .pvtp (silly mistake)

Paul

--
** SURFsara heeft een nieuw algemeen telefoonnummer: 020 800 1300 **

Paul Melis
| Groepsleider & Adviseur Visualisatie | SURFsara |
| Science Park 140 | 1098 XG Amsterdam |
| T 020 592 30 59 | paul.melis at surfsara.nl | www.surfsara.nl |

Afwezig op donderdag