[Paraview] How to display the cellNormals as vectors?

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Mon Apr 15 22:09:37 EDT 2013

ParaView does a weird thing, in the "Color By" drop down menu, it show an
array named "cellNormals" but this array doesn't actually exist on the data
object, and it doesn't appear in the information tab.  So, as Berk said,
you should apply the Generate Surface Normals filter, and make sure you
check the "Compute Cell Normals" check box.  Then you can use the "Cell
Centers" to generate point data at the cell centers.  Then you can use the
Glyph filter to draw the arrows for the cell normals.

Pat