[Paraview] Opening xyz file /DEM in Paraview

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Apr 15 10:25:40 EDT 2013

If you actually have data in DEM format (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USGS_DEM), you can open it in ParaView by
simply adding a .dem extension to the file. I am not sure if this is the
case though. .xyz is a pretty common extension so it is hard for us to help
without knowing specifics.

If you load in a set of points with csv reader, you can use one of the
Delaunay filters to mesh them.

Best,
-berk