[Paraview] Opening xyz file /DEM in Paraview

Hedieh Ebrahimi hedieh.ebrahimi at amphos21.com
Mon Apr 15 10:07:03 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I have a Dataset with .xyz extension. I couldn´t open it in Paraview, so I
converted the file to .csv

now I have a dataset with 3 arrays corresponding to x, y and z co-ordinates.

I used the "Table to Points" filter and I converted the my coordinates to
points.

Could anybody please tell me how I can open .xyz or .xyz.dat or .dat in
Paraview to represent Digital Elevation Model?

Second, If I am importing csv. files in to paraview, what can i do to get
some kind of grid out of these points to better represent the geometry that
I was planning to show using the DEM ?

Thanks for any help