[Paraview] Separating geometry and attributes info

William Oquendo woquendo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 07:35:03 EDT 2013

Dear all,
A friend of mine has a simulation which is represented as a set of points
on a grid with each point having several attributes. In  order to visualize
the system, at each time step she prints both the grid info and the
attributes at each point, in tecplot format (see attached files, if you
wish). The question is:
Is it possible to print the grid info only once (which is a constant info),
while printing the attributes at each time step, and then use paraview to
visualize that? Is like printing only the changing info. And each attribute
datafile at time t should refer to the datafile with the grid info.
We think this could be related more with the data format than with
paraview, but we are unsure, and we would like to know if you have any
suggestion with this. Maybe tecplot is/is not the best suited data format
for the task.
Thanks for your kind help!

 ns000500.tp<https://docs.google.com/a/physics.msu.ru/file/d/0B60eJmKx6NU7OVZTdkZWeTNyMms/edit?usp=drive_web>

 ns001000.tp<https://docs.google.com/a/physics.msu.ru/file/d/0B60eJmKx6NU7M3k4UmFZVTFRM2c/edit?usp=drive_web>