[Paraview] Python script timing question

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Apr 8 03:34:24 EDT 2013

I'd like to run some benchmarks with P different parameters in paraview and Python scripting (which I almost never use) seems like a good option.

Is it possible, to run an animation over N time steps and record the render time for each of the N frames and save that time to a CSV like file?
I usually use the timer log to get the last N still renders after running an animation and save that, but from Python, perhaps there is a nice way of scripting this?

Thanks for any help, examples very welcome if anyone has any.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                        email:biddisco @.at.@ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/