[Paraview] node/element tracking

Chamish, Benjamin A CIV (US) benjamin.a.chamish.civ at mail.mil
Tue May 29 13:08:07 EDT 2012

I have a flyer plate in a simulation and would like to track the position
over time of a few prescribed points individually.  When I load my .exo
files
position is not a history variable.  If I make a selection of elements or
nodes is there a way to track one of those single nodes or elements.  I
thought about using a line tool but the displacement is not 1D.  There are
two other files called a .lis and a .hiso which do track the x y z min and
max
displacements of the inserted blocks in my simulation but im looking for
specific locations not just the min or max.

Thank you

Benjamin Chamish
Mechanical Engineer
Armor Mechanisms Branch