[Paraview] Building a Custom Plugin for Official ParaView Binaries

Dennis McWherter dmcwhe2 at illinois.edu
Mon May 21 16:37:10 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to build my custom plugin to work with the official ParaView
binaries; is there any good way to do this (I am running Windows 7 with
MSVC 2008)? I have referenced this page (
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Plugin_Deployment_with_Development_Installs),
but it is outdated. Furthermore, I have found this document about the build
information for ParaView 3.14.1 (http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_Binaries).
I have tried to build ParaView accordingly to the specs (in Release and
RelWithDebInfo modes), but the plugins I build from these are not
compatible with the binaries on the website.

I get a message as follows when trying to load my plugin (on official
binaries): "The specified procedure could not be found."

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Dennis McWherter